Well ya'll...I'm getting closer...getting closer to finishing my bedroom that is. I spent the last few days sewing whenever I had a little time and energy.
Remember the sitting area? Messy, boring, blah... very embarrassing.
I knew that I wanted to make a tablecloth and I wanted something different than just a plain round one. Here's what I came up with.
It's a boxpleated tablecloth with banding added to the bottom. The banding is made from the same fabric that I used for banding on the draperies.
The tablecloth needed to fit the table like a slipcover. So I cut the fabric for the top to fit exactly (plus seam allowance).
I measured the circumference of the table and calculated how large I wanted the boxpleats to be.
Sewed the banding to the skirt.
And sewed the skirt to the round piece for the top.
I recommend that you add a liner anytime you use a tablecloth for decorative purposes. I don't line the actual tablecloth itself because the lining can shift during fabrication or shrink during cleaning causing the tablecloth to pucker and pull.
I also recovered the chairs.
I'll probably make a little kidney pillow for each chair.
Here's one last look.
Next up on the agenda (and the last large project) is this...
This wall unit sits directly opposite the foot of the bed and needs several minor repairs. You can see the bed's reflection in the glass.
Of course, I'll be wearing my Barbie shoes. Ahem.
I couldn't believe my ears last night when these words came out of Mr. Worthing's mouth while we were watching HGTV's Showhouse Showdown - "I believe that a master bedroom should be more feminine than masculine. You women like to spend so much time in there so it only makes sense." He didn't even crack any pillow jokes.
I'll be linking to Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style and Debbiedoos Newbie Party in addition to the other fabulous parties on my sidebar.